Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Doll Hospital Alternative

  1. #1
    Inactive Member LittleBit's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    My Molly has unfortunately come down with the silver eye curse. (ARGH!) I remember reading a couple of posts back of someone sending their doll for head replacement at AG only to have the head and body mismatch because of the new vinyl used. I really don't want to operate on her myself because I'm pretty sure I'll botch the job and make the situation worse.

    So my question is: Has anyone sent their doll for repair elsewhere than AG? And if so, can you tell me your experience. I would like to keep her original as possible. I'm wondering if it worth going through the trouble of finding a local doll hospital (preferrably here in FL) or should I go ahead and cough up the $38 plus shipping?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Silver eye is a defect with the dolls and you won't have to pay the $38 to get the head replaced. You shouldn't have to pay shipping, either. Sorry, I haven't used any other doll hospitals.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Frenchfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2004
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent my Molly in because of silver eye, and yes it was completly free. But the head they put on her has a different colored hair and the hair was not as nice. She came back with unbraided pig tails(her hair was down without tails when she went in) I was very disappointed with the doll. I have another Molly to compare her to and the new head is just BAD. But they are taking care of it for me, so they do make their customers happy!

  4. #4
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Smile

    I haven't had to send a doll to the Hospital yet, but I have only heard one person who was happy with their doll's new head. They specifically asked for an older head to match. So far I have yet to find a doll hospital in FL. I know there are a few larger doll stores, but so far no Hospitals. Where in FL are you located? You can PM if you would like so you won't have to post where you are

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    I, too, have a Molly with silver eye. I am getting ready to send her off to AG hospital to have a new head put on her. I am not too picky about her new head matching her body unless it is extremely different. I dont think that her body is much different in color than my Nellie's. I will post pics of her when I get her back. She is my Holly doll that I got on ebay and she has very very short hair.. it was cut, but I dont mind loosing her identity as Holly if I get a new Molly head. : )

  6. #6
    Inactive Member LittleBit's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks everyone for their input!
    Originally, when I contacted AG they said there was no such thing as an "eye transplant" and told me I would need a replacement head at repair cost. I contacted them this morning and a nice customer rep agreed that this was a defect and would be repaired free of charge. So Molly is off to get her new eye!

    Kim,
    I don't mind posting my location. I live in the Orlando area. Thanks!

  7. #7
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Angry

    That is odd.. the customer service rep that I spoke with this morning told me that they would replace the eye. That they have a machine that does it.. odd, hu? I doubt that. I wrote a check for shipping and I also wrote a little note in with my doll and told them that I did not have to have a PreMattel head put on my doll.. that in fact I would rather have a brand new one if at all possible. I am hopeing to get a new head (who wouldn't, right?!).. but if not, I dont mind as long as she is fixed.It will be fun to see what I get. My doll had a very short hair cut.. her braids were gone and her bangs were bobbed too.. so I would be THRILLED if they gave me a new Mattel head! Let us know what you get and I will do the same!!

  8. #8
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    You said "New Samantha head" was it a new one or was it an old one that was in better shape than the one you had.. was it brand new? I am hopeing for a brand new Molly head. I wrote a note telling them that I didnt mind getting a brand new Molly head. I would rather have that than the old one even though the old one was a Pre Mattel.. it was bad.. I sure wish that they could just rewig the doll heads.. that would be nice.. *sigh*

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know if you know this but if you really miss the old head they hold on to it for awhile. So if you hate the replacement you can send it back for the old head.

    I was thrilled with my new Samantha head. I sent in an old white bodied doll that my darling son practiced his new skill of cutting on. The doll came back looking almost identical to the old one. My daughter's Molly also went in for a new head and came back great- she wasn't too picky as molly really had bad hair.

    Good luck and keep an open mind. Waiting is the hardest part.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •